Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
About the Role
We have a fantastic permanent full-time opportunity for an experienced Auto Electrician to join our team. Reporting to the Maintenance Supervisor, you’re responsible for the maintenance of the vehicle electrical systems and associated equipment.
Key responsibilities that go along with the role:
- Daily checks of all vehicle workshop tooling and equipment for serviceability and accountability
- Work in accordance with the company PMP (Preventative Maintenance Programme)
- Maintenance of the vehicle loading scales, communication devices and on-board tablet systems
- Conduct technical inspections
- Maintain the register of all maintenance work in progress and vehicle records by annotating all inspections, servicing and repairs on the job sheet and the in-cab vehicle history file
- Update job processing on the computerised maintenance management system (CMMS)
- Requisitioning of repair parts and associated consumables
We are looking for someone with a minimum of five years’ experience in heavy road vehicle electrical systems, and a National Certificate in Automotive Electrical Engineering.
- Experience in automotive electrical fault diagnosis and experience in computerised maintenance management systems
- Exposure to hydraulic systems diagnostics and maintenance would be desirable.
- A Class 2 / 4 drivers licence would be an advantage
You are someone that can work autonomously but also as part of a team, with a positive and can-do attitude, you have the ability to think on your feet and problem solve and have a passion for what you do.
The workshop facility is state of the art, modern and with new equipment. You will be joining a team that provides a 24 hour, 7 – day call- out response on a roster basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a successful business where your contributions will make a significant difference to our customers.
- We offer a competitive hourly rate
- Discounted health insurance and discount on a range of retail products for you and your family to enjoy
- State of the art workshop facilities
- Opportunity to work on a variety of vehicles including EV Trucks
- Refer a friend scheme of $1,500
We provide great work and personal development opportunities. This includes a comprehensive professional and personal development plan, mentoring, a wellness programme and all the tools you will need to succeed as a valued member of our team.
How to Apply
We understand that our people are our biggest asset. At Waste Management we will invest in your personal development and provide future career opportunities. We also offer a great company culture and you will get to work with a strong team of like-minded individuals.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click “apply now”.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
Where to find us?
Waste Management is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol free workplaces. Only applications from those with the legal right and ability to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.