Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Are you an accomplished and collaborative professional with expertise in staff management and stakeholder engagement?
Waste Management is searching for a skilled Municipal Contracts Manager to join our team, where you'll play a vital role in ensuring the seamless delivery of waste collection services and maintaining strong partnerships with our contract partners. If you're driven by achieving and exceeding objectives, upholding operational excellence, and prioritizing safety, then we want to hear from you.
As the Municipal Contracts Manager, your primary responsibility will be to manage a frontline team delivering a first class service to our contract partners, representing Waste Management and stakeholder management. Your role will encompass achieving and surpassing contract objectives, upholding exceptional operational standards, and ensuring the safety of all activities.
- Proactively manage contractual requirements, consistently monitoring and evaluating performance against objectives on a daily, weekly, and monthly basis.
- Investigate issues, identify actions, and escalate as necessary to achieve timely issue resolution and continuous service improvement.
- Lead contract meetings confidently, upholding the delivery of contracted services and prioritizing exceptional customer care.
- Foster productive relationships with clients, providing exemplary end-to-end customer interactions and maintaining professional communication.
- Monitor and manage threats to service delivery, promptly responding to operational incidents to minimize disruptions.
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to efficiently address enquiries and complaints, ensuring professional and effective responses.
- Maintain accurate records of documentation, audits, run sheets, and contract KPI attainment.
- Monitor staff performance and safety, identifying improvement opportunities and providing coaching as needed.
- Coordinate work allocation, provide precise instructions, and ensure efficient delivery aligned with business requirements.
- Contribute to a safety-first culture through toolbox talks, safety meetings, and proactive safety measures.
- Oversee employee onboarding and offboarding processes, including induction and payroll procedures.
- Manage staff training, upskilling, performance, and development in alignment with roles.
- Ensure compliance with Waste Management's HSEQ system and processes, achieving and maintaining governance and compliance.
Skills, Knowledge, Experience & Qualifications:
- Relevant tertiary qualification in business administration and/or logistics.
- Five or more years of experience in contract management or logistics roles.
- Mechanical aptitude preferred.
- Proven leadership, team management, and stakeholder engagement skills.
- Familiarity with transport, waste, logistics, or recycling industries advantageous.
- Knowledge of HSE and environmental legislation, as well as safety management systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite and exceptional communication skills.
- Valid New Zealand driver's license.
Join us at Waste Management and contribute to our values of Safety, Service, Sustainability, Innovation, and Togetherness. If you're passionate about delivering exceptional service and building strong relationships, apply today to embark on a journey towards a more sustainable future.
We offer a competitive salary, career progression, free onsite car park, café, access to discounted health insurance and a variety of retail products for you and your family to enjoy just to name a few!
You will also be part of a great team committed to providing a comprehensive one-stop service to meet a broad range of facility, waste, recycling and industrial needs of our clients.
How to apply
To apply for this role click apply now
Please note - we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol-free workplaces.
You must be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa/residency or NZ citizenship.