Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Diesel Mechanic - Afternoon Shift
- Location: Auckland
- Top $$$ hourly rate + company benefits
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We are committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.
This is a great opportunity for a Diesel Mechanic to join our friendly team in East Tamaki.
In this role, you will work alongside our team on the ground and experienced workshop team based out of Auckland.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintaining vehicle records by annotating all inspections, servicing, and repairs on the job sheets
- Maintaining vehicles and associated equipment according to our company policy and vendor recommended programmes
- Conducting vehicle and body/unit servicing in accordance with our company Preventative Maintenance Programme
- Always promote and maintain safe practices
To be successful in this role you will need:
- A Heavy Diesel Trade Certificate and experience in the preventive maintenance, diagnostics, and repairs of fleet trucks
- Preference will be given to those with hydraulic systems diagnostics and maintenance experience and/or experience in automotive electrical/electronic fault diagnosis
- Experience in Computerised Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS) and ideally a Class 4 Driver’s Licence would also be an advantage
What we offer
- Starting hourly rate of $40 - $42
- Permanent Full Time Role
- Location: Auckland
- Hours: 45 hours a week, Monday to Friday with occasional Saturday, Hours from 2pm to 11:30pm.
- On-going training and development
- A great company culture, and you will get to work with a strong team of like-minded individuals
- Flexible working hours to that fit in with operational requirements
We understand that our people are our biggest asset. At Waste Management we will invest in your personal development and provide future career opportunities.
How to Apply
To be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click ‘apply now’.
Applicants should currently be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa / residency or NZ citizenship.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol-free workplace.