Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Driver - Class 2
- There is no better location than the beautiful KeriKeri in the Bay of Islands
- Our Drivers tell us “It’s just the best place to live, work and enjoy the local lifestyle”
- You may already live in the area, or you may be thinking of relocating?
We have opportunities for Class 2 Drivers to join our team we can offer permanent full-time or fixed term contracts.
We will train you to drive the Box Trucks with tail lift and left hand drive (LEV’s) as we like to call them. Our trucks are kitted out with the latest technologies, and we will provide you with a company phone so you can complete electronic versions of your driving logbook and daily vehicle condition checks.
Working a minimum of 40 hours per week, Monday to Friday and rostered Saturdays and starting early means you will be home to pick the children up from school and have dinner every night and still have your weekends free.
If you like driving trucks, operating hydraulics and don’t like being stuck indoors, then Waste Management is for you!
We can offer you:
- A great hourly rate with access to discounted health insurance, discount on various products for you and your family to enjoy
- A place on our fast-growing team where your safety, and compliance with driving rules, is paramount
- Latest technologies on board trucks for navigation, communication, and job confirmation
- Ongoing training and development to develop your career
- A feeling of pride in delivering an essential service to your community and working for an organisation that is innovative and value focused
To be successful in this role you need:
- A valid NZ Class 2 licence with relevant driving experience
- Transport industry knowledge and experience is preferred
- A good level of fitness and the ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
To be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click “apply now”.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
Applicants should currently be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa / residency or NZ citizenship.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol free workplaces.
At Waste Management, the health and safety of our people is our highest priority. For this reason, we have introduced a policy requiring all employees and visitors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 within our offices, unless a formal medical exemption applies. We have chosen to share this information early in our hiring process, so that candidates can make an informed choice. On this basis, as part of the application process you will be asked to confirm your vaccination status with us.