Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Driver- Class 2
Opportunities to drive different types of trucks and operate different types of collections. Never get bored!
Our brand-new fleet of trucks are set up with modern technologies and we all take pride in delivering an essential service to local residents and business.
If you like the idea of driving trucks, operating hydraulics and don’t like being stuck indoors, then Waste Management is for you!
Positions available for immediate start are:
Bin delivery in a box body involves delivering and picking up wheelie bins around Auckland, from Whangaparoa to Waiuku. You’ll load the truck each afternoon with the bins ready for the following day and head to a different part of Auckland. On certain days there will be opportunity to drive a fully electric box body.
Inorganic Collections starts with a daily 6am Toolbox, you’ll work as part of a team driving a box body recycling truck to be loaded with Inorganic Collection goods which are then taken to recycling centres. Each day is varied with collections happening in a different part of Auckland.
Rear load collections of wheelie bins around Auckland. Each day collections take place in a different part of Auckland and could be general waste or green waste taken to our composting facility.
We can offer you:
- A week of on the job training with an experienced operator to show you the ropes
- Starting and finishing work in the same location each day, always be home for dinner
- An early start to beat the traffic (between 5 - 6am each day)
- Guaranteed 40 hours a week Monday to Friday, often more and with Saturday work when there’s a public holiday in the week
- Ongoing training and development, most of our Class 2 drivers progress to Class 4 within 6 - 12 months of joining. We encourage and support progression for our drivers
- A company issued phone to complete electronic versions of your driving logbook and daily vehicle condition check
- A place on our fast-growing team where your safety and compliance with driving rules is paramount
- Latest technologies on board trucks for navigation, communication, and job confirmation.
We offer a competitive hourly rate, access to discounted health insurance, and discount on various products for you and your family to enjoy!
To be successful in this role you need to have:
- A valid NZ Class 2 Licence with relevant driving experience
- Relevant transport industry knowledge and experience
- A keen attitude to learn and succeed as a team
- Be flexible to drive different routes from time to time depending on requirements
- You will need to be physically fit and enjoy working both autonomously and as part of a team
If this sounds like you, we are looking forward to receiving your application!
How to Apply
To be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click “apply now”.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
Waste Management is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol free workplaces.
Only applications from those with the legal right and ability to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
We have chosen to share this information early in our hiring process, so that candidates can make an informed choice. On this basis, as part of the application process you will be asked to confirm your vaccination status with us.