Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Driver - Class 4
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We’re committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.
We recently joined 60 Managing Directors and Chief Executives from New Zealand’s leading companies to sign the CEO Climate Change Statement, committing us to initiatives that aim to help limit global warming to two degrees. https://www.wastemanagement.co.nz/news-media
About the Role
We are seeking an experienced Class 4 Driver to join our friendly team based in Wellington.
This role will see you operating a Sideload Kerbside truck working on our recycling collection in the Porirua City area.
If you are someone that likes an early start and is flexible with finishing time, enjoys working Monday to Friday and having weekends off and wanting to be a part of a friendly and helpful team then this role could be just right for you.
There is more to collecting waste than what you might think, our trucks are set up with modern technologies and we all take pride in delivering an essential service to local residents and business.
We can offer you:
- A place on our fast growing team where your safety and compliance with driving rules is paramount.
- Ongoing training and development.
- A feeling of pride in delivering an essential service to our community and working for an organisation that is innovative and value focused.
- Latest technologies on board trucks
- Opportunities to grow and expand your driving career.
- All are drivers use an electronic logbook (full training will be provided)
- A competitive hourly rate
To be successful in this role you need to have
- A valid NZ Class 4 Licence with relevant driving experience
- Relevant transport industry knowledge and experience would be preferred
- Customer focused, energetic and have good organisational skills
- You will need to be physically fit and have ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click “apply now”.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
Where to find us?
Waste Management is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol free workplaces. Only applications from those with the legal right and ability to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BLAL06843
Location: Lower Hutt
Closing Date: Friday, 13 March 2020