Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We’re committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.
We recently joined 60 Managing Directors and Chief Executives from New Zealand’s leading companies to sign the CEO Climate Change Statement, committing us to initiatives that aim to help limit global warming to two degrees. https://www.wastemanagement.co.nz/news-media
About the role
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Environmental Technician to join our friendly and supportive team based at Redvale Landfill in Dairy Flat, Auckland.
In this role, you are required to coordinate compliance activities and company policies. The Landfill Environmental Technician is responsible for carrying out monitoring and associated tasks in accordance with the Site Environmental Monitoring Plan and Consent Conditions, ensure compliance against KPI's and Sustainability targets. The role will support the management team.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Carry out field sampling and testing in accordance with Site Environmental Monitoring Plan and Consent conditions.
- Prepare samples for dispatch to external analytical laboratories.
- Liaise and coordinate with external laboratories.
- Assess test results and make recommendations to ensure compliance with consent conditions.
- Enter results data accurately and timely into site database.
- Provide efficient and accurate analytical test results.
- Undertake waste sampling and testing on incoming waste loads.
- Calibrate and maintain laboratory and field-testing equipment in accordance with the Equipment Calibration Program.
- Prepare reports on environmental monitoring data for both internal and external use.
- Update works procedures as necessary.
We are looking for a confident and highly effective communicator at all levels, both written and verbal; able to juggle multiple tasks and work under pressure. The successful candidate must have strong MS Office skills particularly in Excel and Word and experience in using internal computerised systems. A full NZ driver’s licence is required.
Your self-motivation, with strong planning and time management skills, will help you to succeed in this role. Any previous relevant experience in a waste, construction or logistics business will be considered an advantage. It is preferable that you will have working knowledge of HSEQ legislation, regulations and previous experience with HSEQ management systems.
We provide great work and personal development opportunities to develop our employees’ career development aspirations. This includes a comprehensive professional and personal development plan, operational training, mentoring, a wellness programme and all the tools you will need to succeed as a valued member of our Operations team.
How to apply?
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click “apply now”.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
Where to find us?
Waste Management is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol free workplaces. Only applications from those with the legal right and ability to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.