Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
- Heavy Plant Operator
- Redvale Energy Park & Landfill
- Location: Dairy Flat, Auckland
Not just a landfill site! Redvale is a resource management “Waste to Energy” site which generates electricity and heat from waste that otherwise would be thrown away or dispersed into the air.
The site produces its own electricity from generators on site and can power approx. 14,000 houses making it Auckland’s largest generator of green electricity.
Join our dynamic team as an Earthmoving Equipment Operator, where you'll play a vital role in efficiently operating and managing various heavy equipment, including compactors, excavators, dump trucks, and bulldozers.
About the Role:
You will be responsible for handling the placement of waste on-site, ensuring precision and adherence to established procedures. Excavation tasks and transport of soil, gravel, and other materials to designated areas for compaction and waste coverage. Interact with drivers to guarantee strict compliance with health and safety protocols.
- We are seeking candidates with the following skills and attributes:
- Valid NZ driving license Class 1 or Class 2.
- WTR Licences (wheels/tracks/rollers).
- Proven experience in operating heavy earthmoving equipment
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of workplace Health and Safety practices.
- Mechanical aptitude and a proactive approach to equipment maintenance.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively within a team.
- Strong work ethics and exceptional time management skills.
If you are a skilled and safety-conscious operator with a passion for excellence, we invite you to be a valuable part of our team. Apply now to contribute to our commitment to efficiency and safety in earthmoving operations.
In return, we offer a highly competitive hourly rate, assess to discounted health insurance and retail products for you and your family to enjoy. Ongoing personal development and career opportunities.
How to Apply
By clicking the “apply “now button.
Please note - we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol-free workplaces. Only applications from those with the legal right and ability to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.