Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling, and waste management provider. We’re committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.
About The Role
We have an opportunity for experienced Heavy Plant Operator to join our team based at Kate Valley Landfill, slightly north of Amberley.
In this role you will be responsible for driving and operating company vehicles and or Earthmoving equipment.
Key Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Controlling the placement of waste.
- Excavate, load, transport soil, gravel, and other materials to compact and/or cover waste in accordance with company/contractual requirements and applicable regulations.
- Informing and assisting drivers and/or members of the public of proper placement for dumping loads to ensure most effective spreading or compacting of waste or other materials.
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Class 1 or Class 2 Licenses (NZ)
- WTR Licences (wheels/tracks/rollers)
- Relevant experience in operating earthmoving equipment, such as, but not limited to compactors, excavators, dump trucks and bulldozers
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of Health and Safety in the workplace
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Excellent work ethics and time management skills
How to apply
To apply for this role click apply now
Please note - we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol-free workplaces.
You must be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa / residency or NZ citizenship.