Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
About Us - Ko wai mātou
Our Waste Management Technical Services Division is a specialist team of highly qualified staff with purpose-built hazardous waste processing facilities and specialised Dangerous Goods transport. Waste Management Technical Services collects and processes hazardous and liquid wastes safely and with full compliance to government and council laws and by-laws governing liquid and hazardous waste disposal.
About the Role - Mo te tūranga
We are seeking an experienced Maintenance Fitter to join our friendly team based in East Tamaki, Auckland. In this role, you will be responsible for the effective maintenance and repair of Partswash machines along with site equipment maintenance.
You will be involved in regular maintenance inspections, routine repairs, and breakdown service. You will be proficient with workshop record keeping and have a “do it once, do it right” attitude. The role requires someone who can think outside the box and is not scared to get their hands dirty.
We are looking for an individual who will need to drive a positive safety culture and lead by example.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Undertake field and workshop-based repairs on mobile and static waste equipment in accordance with company processes and procedures and client requirements
- Diagnose mechanical, and electrical faults.
- Maintaining inventory records for spares.
- Manage Electronic maintenance system.
- Requisitioning of repair parts and associated consumables in conjunction with the Maintenance Inventory Controller
- Daily contact with field technicians
To be successful in this role you will need to have:
- Relevant maintenance experience
- Experience in maintenance of processing equipment.
- Fault finding experience with hydraulic and electrical equipment
- A Mechanical aptitude is essential
- Clean, full NZ Class 2 driver licence (Class 4 (NZ) Licence is desirable)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in the waste industry would be an advantage
- You need to demonstrate mechanical aptitude and ability to work both autonomously and as part of a small team.
We understand that our people are our biggest asset. At Waste Management we will invest in your personal development and provide future career opportunities. We also offer a great company culture, and you will get to work with a strong team of like-minded individuals.
How to apply - Me pēhea te hoatu
To apply for this role click Apply now
Please note - we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol-free workplaces.
You must be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa/residency or NZ citizenship.