Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Operations Supervisor - Fleet (CWS)
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We’re committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Operations Supervisor to join our team based in Christchurch.
This is a key leadership role, responsible for ensuring the efficient ongoing operation of the Canterbury Waste Services (CWS) fleet including run efficiencies, maintenance, cost oversight and leadership of your team.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Supervising operations and being accountable for the performance of operational activities.
- Forecasting and scheduling future requirements and workload.
- Ensuring all vehicles meet compliance requirements.
- Preparing work rosters and allocating employees to their roster ensuring optimal priorities are communicated and understood.
- Conducting toolbox talks with your team.
- Working with other stakeholders to achieve excellence in all dealings with customers.
- Responsibility for ensuring the productivity, safety, and work quality of your team.
To be successful in this role you will have experience working in a large fleet logistics environment. Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to convey information clearly and effectively. Proven analytical and problem-solving skills as well as an excellent focus on safety are crucial for the role.
In return we offer
- Competitive remuneration and employee benefits
- Work for a safety and sustainability conscious brand
- A strong team culture
- Ongoing training and career development
- Refer a friend scheme of $1,500
How to apply
To apply for this role click apply now.
Please note - we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol-free workplaces.
You must be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa/residency or NZ citizenship.