Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Operator - Hazardous Waste
Our Waste Management Technical Services Division is a specialist team of highly qualified staff with purpose-built processing facilities and specialised Dangerous Goods transport. Waste Management Technical Services can process hazardous and liquid wastes safely and with full compliance to government and council laws and by-laws governing liquid and hazardous waste disposal.
About the Role
We have a great work opportunity for an operator to join our team in East Tamaki, Auckland. It is a great opportunity to learn more about how hazardous waste is treated in Auckland. Your safety is important, and the team will assist your learning throughout the role.
In this role, you will be assisting our team in the treatment and disposal of liquid and hazardous waste in a safe and responsible manner. The role will involve operating various plant and equipment and handling chemicals.
Key Responsibilities of the position will include
- Plant operation – operating an excavator, loader, forklift, and static plant in a safe and responsible manner
- Operate the plant, ensure daily completion of start-up checks with anomalies reported and ensure the equipment is kept clean and tidy
- Inwards / Outwards goods – Loading and unloading vehicles
- Waste tracking – utilising the electronic waste tracking App
- Reporting any plant or operation maintenance issues
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Full NZ Driver’s license with R & T endorsement (preferable)
- Forklift licence (preferable)
- Relevant experience in operating forklifts, excavators, and loaders (preferable)
- First aid certificate (preferable)
- Experience in loading/unloading vehicles (preferable)
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
At Waste Management, we will invest in your personal development and provide future career opportunities. We also offer a great company culture, and you will get to work with a strong team of like-minded individuals. If you want to be part of a bigger picture in helping the community, apply now and make a difference.
How to apply
To apply for this role click apply now
Please note - we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol-free workplaces.
You must be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa/residency or NZ citizenship.
At Waste Management, the health and safety of our people are our highest priority. For this reason, we have introduced a policy requiring all employees and visitors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 within our offices, unless a formal medical exemption applies. We have chosen to share this information early in our hiring process so that candidates can make an informed choice. On this basis, as part of the application process, you will be asked to confirm your vaccination status with us.