Refer to a Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Operator - Transfer Station
About the Role
We are looking for an Operator to join our team in Dunedin. In this position you will have the responsibility for the safe and tidy operation of the transfer station, re-use shop, recycling area and assisting the general public.
Key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Control the placement of waste and recyclables being deposited by customers
- Operate onsite plant and equipment as required
- Direct traffic and provide general information to customers as required
- Always maintain a professional image of the company and deliver high quality customer service
- Maintain all buildings, grounds, roadways and landscaping in a clean and tidy condition
- Undertake general labouring duties as required
- Assist with general administration, completing all records and paperwork as directed
- Meet targets for recycling and diversion of waste from landfill
To be successful in this role:
- Previous operator experience (desirable)
- Approved handler certificate (desirable)
- Appropriate endorsements for each machine which is required to be operated on site (desirable)
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- Forklift licence (desirable)
In return we offer you an opportunity to be part of a great team committed to providing a comprehensive one stop service to meet a broad range of facility, waste, recycling and industrial needs of our clients.
We understand that our people are our biggest asset. At Waste Management we will invest in your personal development and provide future career opportunities. We also offer a great company culture and you will get to work with a strong team of like-minded individuals.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click “apply now”.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
Where to find us?
Waste Management is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol free workplaces. Only applications from those with the legal right and ability to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.