Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Operator - Transfer Station
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We’re committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.
We recently joined 60 Managing Directors and Chief Executives from New Zealand’s leading companies to sign the CEO Climate Change Statement, committing us to initiatives that aim to help limit global warming to two degrees. https://www.wastemanagement.co.nz/news-media
We are looking for a Transfer Station Operator to join our team based at the Te Awamutu Transfer station.
Key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Control the placement of waste and recyclables being deposited by customers so to maximise resource recovery.
- Operate onsite plant and equipment as required.
- Direct traffic within the transfer station and provide general information to customers as required.
- Undertake general labouring duties as required.
- Assist with general administrative duties as directed.
- Maintaining a professional image of the company and yourself, delivering a high quality customer service at all times.
- Maintenance of buildings, grounds, roadways and landscaping ensuring a clean and tidy condition at all times.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- A Class 2 Driver’s licence (desirable)
- An OSH Forklift Certificate
- Have experience operating various plant and equipment.
You will also be responsible for the operation of vehicles and mobile plant such as an excavator, a compactor, a loader and a hook load vehicle. An understanding of current health and safety practices, great communication skills, a “hands-on” approach, and great customer service skills are required for the role.
In return we offer you an opportunity to be part of a great team committed to providing a comprehensive one stop service to meet a broad range of facility, waste, recycling and industrial needs of our clients.
We understand that our people are our biggest asset. At Waste Management we will invest in your personal development and provide future career opportunities. We also offer a great company culture and you will get to work with a strong team of like-minded individuals.
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click “apply now”.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
Where to find us?
Waste Management is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol free workplaces. Only applications from those with the legal right and ability to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BEAI06816
Closing Date: Sunday, 15 March 2020