Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Operator - Transfer Station
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling, and waste management provider. We’re committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.
We have an opportunity for an Operator to join our Transfer Station team in Lower Hutt, ellington.
About the Role
In this role, you will have the responsibility for the safe and tidy operation of the transfer station, recycling area and assisting the public with general enquires, while maintaining a professional image of the company and delivering a high-quality customer service.
Key responsibilities of the position will include:
- Control the placement of waste and recyclables being deposited by customers
- Operate onsite plant and equipment as required
- Direct traffic and provide general information to customers
- Maintain all buildings, grounds, roadways, and landscaping in a clean and tidy condition
- Undertake general labouring duties as required
- Assist with general administration, completing all records and paperwork as directed
- Meet targets for recycling and diversion of waste from landfill
To be successful in this role:
- Previous operator experience would be an advantage
- A Forklift (OSH) licence is desirable
- Full NZ licence with W, T and/or F endorsements
- Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team
- A good level of fitness is required to carry out the duties of the role
We offer a competitive hourly rate, ongoing training, and personal development so you can achieve your career goals and a great company culture.
You will be part of a great team committed to providing a comprehensive one stop service to meet a broad range of facility, waste, recycling, and industrial needs of our clients.
How to apply
To apply for this role click apply now
Please note - we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol-free workplaces.
You must be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa/residency or NZ citizenship.