Refer A Friend
Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Regional Manager (East Coast)
About the Role
We have a great opportunity for an experienced Regional Manager to join our Operations team based in the Hawkes Bay/Gisborne Region.
Reporting to the General Manager – Lower North Island, you will manage the full business profile for the region. This includes responsibility for leadership of regional personnel and operations and the achievement of the annual commercial plans, profit targets and strategic objectives. You will provide great customer service with a strong focus on the environment, the community we operate in, and health & safety. Continuous improvement of the operations and delivering on key performance indicators will be your responsibility.
Our ideal candidate will have:
- Proven experience in and knowledge of industrial businesses, logistics, the waste management sector and/or relevant sectors
- Proven experience at a senior level managing large multi-disciplined workforces of both professional and operational front-line employees
- Proven experience in managing a range of services within multimillion dollar businesses within the services sector
- Tertiary qualifications in engineering, environmental, business or similar studies
- Strong financial management skills including experience in the development and monitoring of budgets in a complex business
- High-level strategic planning, conceptual and analytical skills with proven capacity to establish strategic directions for a complex business as well as successful action plans that achieve those directions
Characteristically for a leader at this level, you will have sound commercial acuity, and experience in running operations of a process nature likely to be in manufacturing, civil engineering or logistics sectors.
Collaborative and forward-thinking are the attributes aligned to your peers that enable our organisation to continually develop our services in a sustainable, progressive way. Being curious and action-oriented has contributed to our success to date. With exceptional interpersonal skills, you are as comfortable influencing internal and external decision-makers and creating cohesive teams that are focussed on achieving the vision and company goals.
This autonomous role offers a stimulating career opportunity for a leader to influence a diverse, sizeable and growing business making a huge impact on the future of our operation in the East Coast Region.
We’re keen to discuss this position with experienced Regional Managers who thrive on the challenge of retaining, building and developing business over the longer term.
How to apply
To apply for this role click apply now
Please note - we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol-free workplaces.
You must be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa/residency or NZ citizenship.
At Waste Management, the health and safety of our people is our highest priority. For this reason, we have introduced a policy requiring all employees and visitors to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 within our offices, unless a formal medical exemption applies. We have chosen to share this information early in our hiring process so that candidates can make an informed choice. As part of the application process, you will be asked to confirm your vaccination status with us.