Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader - Driver Class 4
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We’re committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.
We have launched a New Zealand first – For Future Generations – our sustainability strategy. We are the first waste and environmental services company to have committed to a range of projects to support achievement of the UN Sustainable Development goals. We are also a signatory to the CEO Climate Change Statement, committing us to initiatives that aim to help limit global warming to two degrees. https://www.wastemanagement.co.nz/news-media
About the role
We have a fantastic opportunity for an experienced Class 4 Driver to join our team as Team Leader, based at our Napier site as part of the team delivering municipal services to the Napier community. In this role you will be responsible for the coordination of drivers to ensure all drivers comply with daily vehicle inspections, arrive/depart as per schedule and provide cover when required.
Your key responsibilities will include:
- Preparing driver rosters as required to ensure appropriate coverage
- Supporting the Operations Supervisor as required, in the control and direct day to day operations of all contracts
- Providing relief on runs on any system
- Operating computerized systems and other work-related systems
- Bin maintenance and delivery
- Customer visits and management of council Requests for Service
- Ensuring that vehicles and equipment are operated in accordance with training, instructions or operating procedures and company regulations
We can offer you:
- A place on our fast-growing team where your safety and compliance with driving rules is paramount
- Ongoing training and development
- A feeling of pride in delivering an essential service to our community and working for an organisation that is innovative and value focused
- Latest technologies on board trucks
- Opportunities to grow and expand your driving career
To be successful in this role you need to have
- A valid NZ Class 4 licence (as minimum) with relevant experience
- Relevant transport industry knowledge and experience
You will need to be physically fit and have ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team.
How to Apply
Applicants should currently be in New Zealand and hold a current work visa / residency or NZ citizenship.
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click ‘apply now’.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol free workplaces. Only applications from those with the legal right and ability to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
Where to find us?
Permanent Full Time
Job no: LCAM96553
Closing Date: Thursday, 13 February 2020