Thank you for your interest in this position.
We have received your application from Indeed, so the first step of your application is complete.
To finish your application we will email you further details.
Team Leader - Landfill
Waste Management NZ Limited is New Zealand's leading resource recovery, recycling and waste management provider. We’re committed to safeguarding our beautiful environment through sustainable management of our valuable resources. Put simply, sustainability is what we do.
We recently joined 60 Managing Directors and Chief Executives from New Zealand’s leading companies to sign the CEO Climate Change Statement, committing us to initiatives that aim to help limit global warming to two degrees. https://www.wastemanagement.co.nz/news-media
About the Role
We have an opportunity for an experienced Team Leader to join our team based in Dunedin. In this role, you will be responsible for coordinating Operators in the landfill operations ensuring all work is carried out in accordance with Company and client requirements.
Key Responsibilities of the position will include:
- Supervising and coordinating Operators in all landfill, RTS and green waste operations
- Operating a range of earthmoving equipment
- Excavate, load, transport soil, gravel and other materials to compact and/or cover waste
- Supporting drivers and/or members of the public of proper placement for dumping loads to ensure most effective spreading or compacting of waste or other materials
- Performing daily maintenance and safety checks on vehicles and/or equipment
To be successful in this role you must have:
- Class 4 (NZ) License (desirable)
- Previous experience in leading operational teams
- Experience in operating earthmoving equipment, such as, but not limited to compactors, excavators, dump trucks and bulldozers
- Mechanical aptitude
- Ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Appropriate endorsements for each machine which is required to be operated
How to Apply
If you believe you have the skills and experience to be a part of this exciting and growing business, please click “apply now”.
Please note: we do not always work to fixed closing dates and may start considering applications as they are received so we encourage you to apply early.
Where to find us?
WM is an EEO employer and promotes drug and alcohol free workplaces. Only applications from those with the legal right and ability to work in New Zealand will be considered for this position.
Permanent Full Time
Job no: BKAO06837
Closing Date: Sunday, 8 March 2020